Specialist hand crafted tinctures made from organic herbs.
A super easy way to take your herbs as a health boost or to facilitate your healing.
Are you familiar with tinctures? Have you tried tinctures? Have you been finding what you’re looking for?
For me personally, tinctures are the way forward for taking herbal medicine. Herbal teas are wonderful and are best for chronic conditions. But if you’re offering me a hot drink I’d be hoping some good strong coffee is on the menu! (Black, no sugar if you’re asking..)
Tinctures are highly concentrated liquid herbal extracts which keep for many years. The chosen herb is macerated (soaked) in alcohol, usually vodka, for two to four weeks, shaken twice daily, strained then taken by the drop or dropper-ful. Tinctures are good for acute situations and are taken in a small amount of warm water, tea or juice. It’s a minimal amount of alcohol that you are having, the most would be three teaspoons (for an adult) over the course of a day. Tinctures can be made with an apple cider vinegar base which keep for a year, more if stored in the fridge.
So I’m telling you all this for good reason, because I’ve started making tinctures using my organic herbs here at Stoney Ground Herbs home base. I make small batches to ensure quality and strength. It’s fun and feels like the way forward for SGH. So far I have available…
- Calendula, Calendula officinalis ~ Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, lymphatic cleanser and nourisher…. $25
- Chaste Berry, Agnus castus ~ Hormonal balancing, particularly for women (not recommended if pregnant or breast-feeding)….. $25 (berries are organic but outside sourced)
- Feverfew, Tanacetum parthenium ~ Migraines and headache relief…. $20
- Nettle, Urtica urens ~ Spring tonic, cleansing, boost and enrich breast milk (definitely recommended if pregnant or breast-feeding)…. $20 (available in non-alcohol form too)
- Peppermint, Mentha x piperita ~ Wonderful carminative, particularly for digestive issues…. $20 (available in non-alcohol form too)
- Rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis ~ Improve concentration and memory, circulatory stimulant…. $20
- Sage, Salvia officinalis ~ Drying; mothers milk, heavy periods, night sweats, premature ejaculation, excessive saliva…. $20
- Sweet Violet, Viola odorata ~ Dispel anger, affinity with the throat, cancer supporter…. $20
- Yarrow, Achillia millefolium ~ externally for bruises and wounds, internally for indigestion and cramp…. $20
As more plant material becomes available more tinctures will become available. On my website you can find my tinctures under the “Products” drop down menu. Or you can be instantly taken there like magic here.
They are also taken to flavour cocktails, either by the drop or spritz. Take you bartending skills to another level! (I’m thinking lemon verbena, vietnamese mint…)
If I don’t have something you’re after please ask~