Borage (blue) ~ Borago officinalis
Bees and borage go together like bread and jam! Bees love borage and it yields a beautiful honey. Borage also has a surprising number of medicinal attributes going for it too which you can read more of below. 🌿All my plants are grown organically.
Borage plants for sale in NZ
- Price; $5.50 (Out of Stock)
- Size; 9cm pot, grows 400-800mm
- Growth Type; Annual, self seeds readily
- Climate; Any
- Exposure; Full sun
- Soil; Any
- Tip; Plant in a nice sunny spot and you’ll have this annual forever more~ she likes to send her seeds far and wide! Great companion plant for tomatoes and strawberries. Attracts bees (though the bees won’t pollinate your tomatoes, they don’t have enough buzz).
- Parts Used; Predominately leaf and flower but also the seed.
- Medicinal actions and Uses; Diaphoretic, expectorant, tonic, anti-inflammatory, galactagogue, diuretic, emollient. Aids the adrenal gland, great for people coming off steroids. Fevers. Stimulates the flow of milk for nursing mothers (leaf and seed). Culinary (tastes like cucumber) and Flower remedy/essence.
Links for more information
Disclaimer; The content on this website is not intended as a medical reference but as a source of information. I, SandRa Timmins (she), am not a qualified herbalist and recommend you see your GP or holistic practioner before dabbling in herbal remedies especially for; serious/chronic conditions, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you are already taking pharmaceuticals. Treat herbal remedies with respect, they can be powerful.