Catnip ~ Nepeta cataria
Relax the children, calm your mind, get your cat high. It’s catnip! This bodacious plant is fabulous in the garden with it’s soft green/grey leaves and stacks of flowers that bees love almost as much as your cat! 🌿All my plants are grown organically.
- Growth Type; Short lived perennial (2-4 years)
- Climate; Cool to mild climate
- Exposure; Full sun, if in a fairly warm climate give plenty of moisture in summer
- Soil; Any
- Tip; Grows quite bushy so don’t plant too close to small plants. Self seeds readily. If cats squashing the plant is an issue place a dish rack or hanging basket frame over the plant.
- Parts Used; Leaf and flower
- Medicinal actions and uses; Carminative, anti-spasmodic, diaphoretic, sedative, astringent. Cat entertainment. The gentle action of catnip make it useful for children with cold and flu’s, fever, stomach upsets and for calming.
Links for more information
Related posts and products
DISCLAIMER; The content on this website is not intended as a medical reference but as a source of information. I, SandRa Timmins (she), am not a qualified herbalist and recommend you see your GP or holistic practitioner before dabbling in herbal remedies especially for; serious/chronic conditions, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you are already taking pharmaceuticals. Treat herbal remedies with respect, they can be powerful.