Basil Mint ~ Mentha x piperita f. citrata ‘Basil’
Be dazzled by Basil mint…It grows like a mint but has a super strong basil taste; winning! Makes a wonderful pesto through summer and winter so it doesn’t get much of a chance to spread in my garden. It is best used mixed into things (sauces etc) as the taste is quite over-powering. 🌿All my plants are grown organically.
- Growth type; Spreading/Expanding clump herb
Growing Basil Mint
- Climate; Cool to mild climate
- Exposure; Partial shade
- Soil; Reasonably fertile and moist
- Tip; It is a vigorous grower like other mints but spreads at a slower pace. Grow in a container if spreading is a concern.
Using Basil Mint
- Parts used; Leaves
- Uses; Culinary. Can be used as a digestive aid and an insect repellent (rub the fresh leaves on exposed skin)