Rue ~ Ruta graveolens
AKA; Herb of Grace, Herby Grass, Ruda
Rue is one of my favourite herbs to have in the garden and looks beautiful in all its stages, from its blue green foliage to its flowers to its seed pods. Rue has had a place in the sacred arts since antiquity. For protection, promoting health, love and creating prosperity. 🌿All my plants are grown organically.
Rue plants for sale in NZ
- Price; $7.00 (Out of Stock)
- Size; 9cm, grows to 650mm
- Growth Type; Woody perennial
- Climate; Any
- Exposure; Full sun
- Soil; Slightly alkaline, stony or sandy as long as it is free draining
- Tips; Makes a great companion plant for fig trees. Prune every year (after flowering) to avoid it becoming leggy. If brushed against, Rue can cause phytol-photodermatitis (skin burn) for some people – take care in the garden especially on sunny days.
- Parts Used; Leaves
- Medicinal Actions and Uses; Anti-spasmodic, emmenagogue, anti-tussive, abortifacient, anthelmintic, anti-microbial, bitter, rubefacient, stimulant. DO NOT USE MEDICINALLY IF PREGNANT.
Links for more information
Disclaimer; The content on this website is not intended as a medical reference but as a source of information. I, SandRa Timmins (she), am not a qualified herbalist and recommend you see your GP or holistic practitioner before dabbling in herbal remedies especially for; serious/chronic conditions, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you are already taking pharmaceuticals. Treat herbal remedies with respect, they can be powerful.