Sage (common), Salvia officinalis
AKA; Garden sage, True sage
Must admit, I’m a bit of a fan of the sage family, but out of all of them, if you’re going to have a herb garden, whether culinary or medicinal~ you must have this sage. Call it a staple herb crop, where one plant will suffice one family, whether for flavouring or sore throats, she’s a winner! 🌿All my plants are grown organically.
Common Sage for sale in NZ
- Price; $7.00 (Out of Stock)
- Size; 9 cm, grow to 700mm
- Growth Type; Woody perennial
Growing Common Sage
- Climate; Any
- Exposure; Full sun and can handle a bit of wind. Drought hardy
- Soil; Reasonably fertile and free draining
- Tips; Harvest/prune at least once a year to keep it from getting leggy.
Using Common Sage
- Parts Used; Leaves
- Medicinal Actions and Uses; Carminative, spasmolytic, astringent, anti-hidrotic, anti-catarrhal, anti-microbial, emmenagogue, febrifuge, stimulant. And of course culinary. It is an essential herb for the home herbalist, see links for uses.
Links for more information
Related Posts and Products
Disclaimer; The content on this website is not intended as a medical reference but as a source of information. I, SandRa Timmins (she), am not a qualified herbalist and recommend you see your GP or holistic practitioner before dabbling in herbal remedies especially for; serious/chronic conditions, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you are already taking pharmaceuticals. Treat herbal remedies with respect, they can be powerful.