Self Heal ~ Prunella vulgaris
AKA; Prunella, All-Heal, Hook-Heal, Slough-Heal, Brunella, Heart of the Earth, Blue Curls.
If you don’t have this super handy herb naturalising itself in your lawn, here’s your chance! The name says it all really – all parts of this plant can be used for healing, fresh wounds in particular. In Western herbal traditions the flower is used when in full bloom, whereas in TCM (Tradition Chinese Medicine) they use the flowers once they’ve browned off, interesting huh! 🌿All my plants are grown organically.
Self Heal plants for sale in NZ
- Price; $5.50
- Size; 9cm pot, grows to 70mm
- Growth Type; Expanding clump herb
Growing Self Heal
- Climate; Any
- Exposure; Semi shade to any
- Soil; Any but with adequate moisture levels
- Tips; Extremely hardy, can naturalise itself into your lawn
Using Self Heal
- Parts Used; Flowers and leaves
- Medicinal Actions and Uses; Astringent, vulnerary, tonic. Wound haler, throat complaints, lymphatic system. An important herb in Chinese medicine.