Creeping Thyme ~ Thymus serpyllum
AKA; Wild Thyme, Mother of Thyme
Creeping thyme for those in-between spots or up the garden path. Though perhaps not the main garden path, it will only withstand occasional foot traffic. Creeping thyme forms a lovely cushiony thick mat, ooh, could be a good un’ for a creative garden seat!
Creeping Thyme for sale in NZ
- Price; $6.00 (Out of Stock)
- Size; 9cm pot, grows 50mm
- Growth Type; Expanding clump herb, ground cover
Growing Creeping Thyme
- Climate; Any
- Exposure; Full sun
- Soil; Any, but does prefer to be on the dry side, must be free draining
- Tip; To keep in control just trim back the growing tips after it has flowered. If on a path watch for bees!
Using Creeping Thyme
- I would use this just as a ground cover, the leaves can be used for culinary purposes and I’m sure it has medicinal benefits but Thymus vulgaris English Winter Thyme would be your best bet if that’s what you’re after.